Integrated Production Management Software Package
More than SCADA - Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition
The Protherm 9800 is a modular production management software for supervising, controlling and archiving heat treating processes and heat treatment installations. It delivers everything to optimize the performance and efficiency of a heat treatment plant operating a variety of furnaces as well as automatic handling machinery. By combining process control, equipment integration, and automation capabilities, the Protherm 9800 provides a comprehensive approach to plant wide supervisory control and management.
SCALABLE SYSTEMThe system structure is based on three scalable tiers with add-on modules for specific requirements. The Protherm 9800 Chart Recorder basically offers batch based production logs, alarm and event logging. It can be upgraded to the full Protherm 9800 SCADA & Process Control System (PCS), which includes the chart recorder features plus recipe interface for various furnaces, internal programmer functions, the Process-Electronic Diffusion Simulation Model, lab reports, maintenance scheduler and more. The SCADA & PCS tier can be further upscaled to the Protherm Manufacturing Execution System (MES) with such modules as Equipment Usage Calculation, Outage Documentation, Consumption Evaluation, Part Serial Number Tracking, Load Planning & Tracking System, Lights-out Automation and Statistical Process Control.
- Highly detailed visual displays of all connected furnaces and other equipment
- Scalable set of functions ranging from preparation, process control and quality control with ability to integrate into resource and planning systems.
- Module for fully automated production system.
- Easily interfaces with existing planning and production systems.
- Possibility of simulating heat treatments to optimize processes and obtain desired end-results.
- System is easily operated by anyone with a basic knowledge of Windows® type of programs.
- Database: Module for storing and accessing materials, treated parts and treatments database
- Monitoring of Jobs: Process control through the use of treatments and controllers
- Alarms: Real-time monitoring of jobs being processed
- Furnace Capacity: Furnace load capacity analysis
- Load Sequence / Job Planning:Module for planning optimal load sequences and jobs
- Archiving:Archiving of heat treatments (furnace log book)
- Reporting: Reporting of heat treatment processes
- User Access Management Defining user access, rights and privileges through password protection
OPTIONAL SOFTWARE MODULES
- Quality Control Module: Comprehensive quality control system. Fully configurable.
- Utilization Module: Calculation of furnace utilization, including statistics on tonnage, down times, occupancy and utilization for a single furnace, group of furnaces, a treatment, a part or a group of parts.
- Scheduling Module: Optimization of the process scheduling with a graphical display of the planned and measured values, the furnace downtime and warnings and errors.
- Alarm Notification Module: Transfers alarms to a specified communication device, e.g., phone, cell-phone, pager or email.
- Remote Service Module: Remote support and system maintenance using a modem, ISDN-router or Internet tunneling.
- Integration Module: Integration of customer specific extensions and modifications. Possibility of incorporating additional equipment such as a PLC and controlling and recording their values.
OPTIONAL PROCESS MODULES
Process Specific Modules: For nitriding, carburizing and vacuum processes.