TruCarb™ SystemDirect in-situ measurement of carbon potential.
- New technology for carburizing and carbonitriding processes
- Actual in-situ measurement of carbon diffusion!
- The only technology available that also measures nitrogen diffusion in carbonitriding applications
- Process values are NOT calculated from measurement of trace gases, or assumed atmosphere composition values
- Direct in-situ measurement of carbon potential in carburizing atmospheres
- High accuracy, +/- 0.02 wt%C in carburizing atmospheres
- In combination with an oxygen probe both carbon potential and nitrogen potential can be determined and controlled using a UPC Protherm 500/600 controller
- Easy exchangeable measuring head
- Field Repairable
- Connects easily to existing controls using analog and digital interfaces
- IF used in combination with the MMI Smart Transmitter Sensor may interface with most manufacturers controllers
- Ideal solution for redundant measurement
- Provides intelligent verification of oxygen probe systems. Especially important during deep case carburizing cycles, or processes with high value payloads.
- Satisfies CQI-9 requirement for alternative technology atmosphere verification.
In a carburizing process, the calculated carbon content gives an accuracy of approximately +/- 0.02 wt%C which is comparable to a shim test using the weight or combustion method. * Please note that the inbuilt carbide formation protection sets the limit of the measured and therefore controlled carbon potential to the soot limit.
As the system measures the intake of carbon and nitrogen, the result is a combined weight percentage of both, expressed as a carbon content not reflecting the true sum of the two weight percentages of carbon and nitrogen. When used In conjunction with an Oxygen probe or IR analyzer, the UPC Protherm 500/600 controller is able to calculate and control both potentials, Carbon and Nitrogen, simultaneously.