INSTRUMENTS FOR COMBUSTION OPTIMIZATIONUnited Process Controls (UPC) provides a wide variety of combustion optimization instrumentation including single-loop and dual-loop atmospheric or temperature controllers. These controllers can be used with virtually any application.
OXYMITOXYGEN / TEMPERATURE TRANSMITTER WITH PROBE MAINTENANCE
The Oxymit transmitter provides a cost-effective solution for oxygen and temperature transmission (4-20 mA) to your DCS system. This DIN rail module provides full probe maintenance / probe verification functions. Up to four Oxymit transmitters can be integrated with reference air and verification functions for up to four probes in a single enclosure.
EXCESS OXYGEN MONITORING AND CONTROL - PROTHERM 20 CONTROLLERThe PROTHERM 20 is designed for cost-effective measurement and control of excess oxygen. The unit provides simple 2-point (on/off) control, continuous PID control, or 3-point stepping control.
Furnace Atmosphere Control
- Monitoring and PID control of: C content, oxygen content or dewpoint
- Input for connecting lambda-sensor
- Automatic and manual sensor purging
- Sooting alarm
- Gas-correction input CO or hydrogen (H2) compensation
- Calibrating function for the atmosphere input
- Three analog inputs, two are universal
- Two freely configurable analog output, e.g. as process value output
- High-impedance mV input for O2 sensors
- Oxygen calculation (ppm /%O2, automatic adaptation)
- Carbon content calculation (%C, 2 decimals)
- Dewpoint calculation (°C, °F selectable)
- Self-Tuning to the setpoint without oscillation
- Valve controller with position feedback and DAC monitoring
- 3-point controller for water, fan and oil cooling
- Universal continuous/switching version, i.e. reduced stocks of spare parts
- 100 ms cycle time, also suitable for fast control loops
- 20 ms as shortest pulse-length
- Customer-specific Linearization for all sensors
- Settings can be blocked via password and internal switch for high security
- Extended temperature range up to 140°F (60°C) allows mounting close to the process
- Easy 2-point or offset measurement correction
- Monitoring of heating current and output circuit
- Emergency operation after sensor break by means of the output hold function
- Logical combination of digital outputs, e.g. for general alarm
- Manual gain scheduling
- RS 422/485 Modbus RTU interface
- PROFIBUS-DP interface
- Built-in transmitter power supply<
- Splash-water proof front (IP 65)
- Front interface port
- BluePort® Front interface and BlueControl software
- Customer specific data-set
- Maintenance manager and error list
- Day & Night display shows plain text and bar graphs
- Type tested to EN 14597 (replaces DIN 3440) and cULus
COMBUSTION PROCESS MONITORING AND CONTROL - PROTHERM 470 CONTROLLERThe PROTHERM 470 controller is designed to monitor, control, record, and archive combustion processes running in a furnace or simultaneously in multiple chambers. This powerful controller is suitable for various types of batch and continuous operations and can be installated on new, retrofit, or refurbished equipment. The fully configurable I/O channels can be used with oxygen sensors or any sensor with an analog output signal or Modbus communications.
- Visual display of the sensor values
- Up to 4 oxygen sensors may be displayed and logged
- Can hold up to 32 PID control-loops to regulate configured process parameters such as temperature, process pressure, oxygen potential, etc.
- Compatible with most sensor outputs
- All process parameters can be configured with alarm limits
- Notification and processing of alarms
- Process variables can be viewed and recorded with chart recorders
- Recipe log files in PDF and ASCII-CSV format can be downloaded to a remote computer for archiving
- Up to 99 treatments and templates can be created and modified
- Control knob or touch-enabled screen enables user to select input fields and enter data.
- Function keys are used for accessing the most important functions.
- Users access to different functions is password protected.
- A PC keyboard can be connected through a USB port.